Lectora Online 4.9
Sept 11, 2020
Lectora Online 4.9 (548)
Enhancements:Audio and Video Player Updated LO-6831
- Stream your videos with the latest technologies
- More authors are using media streaming services that utilize Browser native streaming protocols such as HLS and MPEG-Dash. We have updated the media player so you can take advantage of these modern streaming protocols natively in Lectora.
- Now when you update a variable you will see any associated objects update.
- Variables that are used inline in Text Blocks are now updated when the variable is modified with a Modify Variable action. Similarly when you use Modify Variable to update Question, Form Element, or Progress Bar variables the UI of those objects will change to the new value.
- We upgraded the jQuery library used by Lectora to jQuery 3.5.1.
- With this update we drop support for Internet Explorer 9 and less for published courses.
- The internal jQuery library can be accessed through scripting using the triv$ object.
- This update ensures the latest security fixes for jQuery will be included in your published content.
- You asked and we listened. Back by popular demand the Send Email action has returned!
- We highly recommend you submit results or responses through our Submit Form Action or Submit Test Results to a server side script or Google Forms. However, if you have a use case where you want your students to use email, this action is back in Lectora for you to use.
- The Click / Tap here start page is now Accessible (WCAG compliant), it uses a standard button object. The text for this page can be configured in the Publish String Sets. You can also find some secret styling tips for this page in our community forum.
- For Text to Speech a sample rate of 8000Hz is just not enough. We have listened and with this release higher sample rates are now available!
- We’ve made our publishing options easier to understand
- When scaling to fill up the browser window you can now also set a limit so your content is not expanded beyond a reasonable size.
LO-7146: Google Fonts Format UpdatedGoogle changed the way they package their fonts (https://fonts.google.com/) and as such we have made adjustments so you can use their new format. In Lectora Online you will want to follow these instructions for installing custom fonts.
LO-7137: Text Wrapping ImprovementText Wrapping improvement for mobile views. Text blocks would sometimes grow too large on mobile device views making the page taller than it needed to be. This fix shows our commitment to evolving our industry leading exclusive Responsive Course Design system.
We noticed that some of the object transitions were not working properly and so we put some effort into ensuring that they work as expected. Please take advantage of object transitions when hiding and showing objects to add even more excitement to your training
LO-7154: Object Transitions Improved
LO-6792: On mobile devices a Change Contents action would not allow media auto-start.
LO-7163: An event can not be created when it is greater than 1 hour into the media.
When customizing a different state of the Button. It appeared to remove the Picture fill but upon save close and reopen the Picture fill would reappear on the Button state.
LO-7164: If the normal state of a Button has a Picture fill then it cannot be removed