These Modular Development tools, which dramatically reduce time, save money, and extend resources with repeatable, scalable processes include:
- Ready-made instructional design frameworks
- Mobile-ready themes & style packs
- Interactive wireframe templates
- New library of templatized interactions
With these new ModDev elements, instructional designers can customize and brand once, and blast their branded modular templates across a global organization for consistent, professional results.
Lectora Online 5.0
Jul 11, 2021
Lectora Online 5.0 (55)
Modernized User Interface and Experience
Lectora ModDev rapid modular development system
New Mobile-Ready Themes & Style Packs
Interactive Wireframe Templates
Custom Color Palettes Save & Import
Visual Style Preview
Improved Media Event Synchronization
Greater Control of Closed Captioning
Improved video editing capabilities of Screen Recorder Tool
- Text block with a hide by float transition will now reappear when a show action is applied.
- In Run Mode, Mute now will persist across pages
Lectora Online 4.10
Nov 6, 2020
Lectora Online 4.10 (198)
- Organizations can now set their own Password Policy LO-7241
- Now organization administrators can set a password policy
Number of failed login attempts before user is locked out
- Lockout time period
- Password length
- Number of numbers required in a password
- Number of uppercase characters required in a password
- Number of lowercase characters required in a password
- Number of special characters required in a password
- Do not allow username or names in a password
- Do not allow consecutive characters
- Check against a list of common bad passwords (blacklist)
- Now organization administrators can set a password policy
- Translate courses using the XLIFF file format LO-7244
The translation tool now produces XLIFF files for translation
- Closed Captions can be added to any video with the video editor LO-7239
- Videos can be created in a structured way with the video editor Scripted option LO-7228
- 211970271 Test saving values in question variable
- 217724132 Error during executing action an action [Video Close] Safari
- 231213806 YouTube Video video does not show if initially hidden
- 204156323 Media Events not working in Safari on MacOS since last LO update
- 200307824 Manage Titles dialog, Right Click not working
- Support - Closed Caption box in video player has lost its background that helps the text stand out from the video
- Support - Closed Caption <span> text formatting doesn't work
- Support - Edit question text control in Question Editor does not work on Mac
- Community - M4A audio files not playing on v4.9
- Support - YouTube auto-start issue
- Support - xAPI course description causes JS error if it contains a newline char
Lectora Online 4.9
Sept 11, 2020
Lectora Online 4.9 (548)
Enhancements:Audio and Video Player Updated LO-6831
- Stream your videos with the latest technologies
- More authors are using media streaming services that utilize Browser native streaming protocols such as HLS and MPEG-Dash. We have updated the media player so you can take advantage of these modern streaming protocols natively in Lectora.
- Now when you update a variable you will see any associated objects update.
- Variables that are used inline in Text Blocks are now updated when the variable is modified with a Modify Variable action. Similarly when you use Modify Variable to update Question, Form Element, or Progress Bar variables the UI of those objects will change to the new value.
- We upgraded the jQuery library used by Lectora to jQuery 3.5.1.
- With this update we drop support for Internet Explorer 9 and less for published courses.
- The internal jQuery library can be accessed through scripting using the triv$ object.
- This update ensures the latest security fixes for jQuery will be included in your published content.
- You asked and we listened. Back by popular demand the Send Email action has returned!
- We highly recommend you submit results or responses through our Submit Form Action or Submit Test Results to a server side script or Google Forms. However, if you have a use case where you want your students to use email, this action is back in Lectora for you to use.
- The Click / Tap here start page is now Accessible (WCAG compliant), it uses a standard button object. The text for this page can be configured in the Publish String Sets. You can also find some secret styling tips for this page in our community forum.
- For Text to Speech a sample rate of 8000Hz is just not enough. We have listened and with this release higher sample rates are now available!
- We’ve made our publishing options easier to understand
- When scaling to fill up the browser window you can now also set a limit so your content is not expanded beyond a reasonable size.
LO-7146: Google Fonts Format UpdatedGoogle changed the way they package their fonts (https://fonts.google.com/) and as such we have made adjustments so you can use their new format. In Lectora Online you will want to follow these instructions for installing custom fonts.
LO-7137: Text Wrapping ImprovementText Wrapping improvement for mobile views. Text blocks would sometimes grow too large on mobile device views making the page taller than it needed to be. This fix shows our commitment to evolving our industry leading exclusive Responsive Course Design system.
We noticed that some of the object transitions were not working properly and so we put some effort into ensuring that they work as expected. Please take advantage of object transitions when hiding and showing objects to add even more excitement to your training
LO-7154: Object Transitions Improved
LO-6792: On mobile devices a Change Contents action would not allow media auto-start.
LO-7163: An event can not be created when it is greater than 1 hour into the media.
When customizing a different state of the Button. It appeared to remove the Picture fill but upon save close and reopen the Picture fill would reappear on the Button state.
LO-7164: If the normal state of a Button has a Picture fill then it cannot be removed
This article last reviewed Nov, 2020. The software may have changed since the last review. Please visit our Release Notes to learn more about version updates.