If you would like to use Zapier with your Knowledgelink platform, click the link below to get access to our Zap. The Knowledgelink Zap is private so you will not be able to access it with out clicking on the link below.
So what is Zapier and how does it work? Zapier allows you to integrate Knowledgelink with thousands of other web applications out there such as Slack, Gmail, Mailchimp, Google sheets, Trello, Salesforce and many others to help tie your user data into your business workflow.
We've created triggers for different types of events in Knowledgelink that will allow you to send specific data to other applications THROUGH Zapier. For instance, one of these events we've created is adding a new user to Knowledgelink. Basically, anytime a user is added to Knowledgelink, it triggers an event and can send the data where you want it.
Let's say you send out a monthly newsletter using Mailchimp and want all new users to be added to this list. With this new Zapier integration, it's a breeze. Let's walk through it:
For this example, we're going to assume you already have a Mailchimp account set up. In this case we've set up a new list that we're going to send all new users to. We’ll call it "Zapier List." Next, you'll want to go to the Zapier site and create an account, if you don't already have one. It's free for 14 days and lets you try it out. On the opening screen, you can see the sheer number of applications that are integrated through Zapier. So how you use it, is completely up to you and your business model.
First we'll click "MAKE A ZAP" to create a new connection between Knowledgelink and Mailchimp. You can see there are two components of a Zap - one is the trigger (on the Knowledglink side), and the other is the action (in our case, the Mailchimp side). So let's set up the Trigger first: Type Knowledgelink into the search field and you'll see KnowledgelinkTV come up. Select it to pull up a list of available of application triggers.
There are 5 available right now:
- The first allows you to use the completion of a session as a trigger. (This is great for alerting admins to session completions)
- The second one allows you to use the creation of a new user as a trigger. (This is the one we're going to use in our example.)
- The third, fires when one of your users doesn't login in after a preset number of days. (This is helpful for monitoring adoption)
- The fourth is a trigger that gets fired when a newly created user has NOT logged in after a preset number of days. (This is also good for monitoring adoption)
- The last one is a trigger sent from another web application to create a new user in Knowledgelink.
Select the trigger you want and click SAVE + CONTINUE.
Now we're going to connect it to your Knowledgelink account. You'll need your login credentials for this step. Click CONNECT AN ACCOUNT.
A new window will open up asking you to enter your Knowledgelink community URL, username and password. You will need to create a new user full admin user in Knowledgelink for the Zapier integration. Enter these credentials and click CONTINUE. It will add it as a new connection. Click test to be sure it's able to communicate. Then click Save + Continue.
Next, Zapier is going to want to test to make sure it's able to pull some sample data from Knowledgelink. Since this is a trigger around adding users, make sure you have a recently added user in the system. It's going to attempt to pull the data as a test to confirm the connection is working correctly. Click Fetch + Continue to verify. Once you get the TEST SUCCESSFUL message, you're finished setting up the Trigger.
So what we've done here is configured your Knowledgelink Community to send data over to Zapier every time a new user is added to the system.
Now we have to tell what ACTION we want to do with that data. In this case, we're going to want to send the data to Mailchimp and add a new newsletter subscriber.
Notice we're in the ACTION step now. So we'll search for the app we want to connect Knowledgelink with (in this case, Mailchimp).
Just like we have set up certain triggers, Mailchimp has set up certain ACTIONS to preform on the data. In this case, we're going to want to choose Add/Update Subscriber. Similarly, we're going to want to connect Zapier to our Mailchimp account using our credentials. Once connected, it will add it as a listed connection. Click SAVE + CONTINUE to move to the next step.
Now comes the Crucial part of the setup - What you want to do with the data. These screens will vary by application, so you'll have modify your steps here for the tasks involved. Here we're going to select the list we want to add the subscriber to. At the beginning we had created a list called ZAPIER LIST. So we'll select that from the dropdown.
Next, it's asking for the email address of the subscriber. So we'll pull down this list which will show the available data that Knowledgelink has sent over. You can select any field, but be sure to pick the one that is appropriate. In this case, we'll select the email address.
Depending on the task you're performing, there may be other fields you want to store on the application. In this case, it's the only one. The rest of the selections are Mailchimp specific in terms of the handling of this new subscriber. Click CONTINUE once complete.
Zapier will then test the integration with the Action Application (in this case Mailchimp) to make sure it's communication properly. In this case, it will actually create the subsciber to Mailchimp to test it out. Click Create & Continue.
Now, if you hop over to the app you're integrating with, you should see the sample user you just created.
Go back to Zapier and click Finish to Save the setup. Name your zap so you'll be able to edit it later if need be. You might be creating lots of zaps, so it's good to be specific.
Finally turn your Zap ON, if you're ready.
You can also go back to Zapier to see the task history for this zap which is super helpful if you want to diagnose any issues that might occur.
The Shopify integration is used for eCommerce purposes only. If you would like to sell your courses on Shopify and automate the user creation process after purchase, follow the steps outlined below.
1. Access the admin area on your Knowledgelink platform.
2. Navigate to the settings tab and then click on the integration tab on the left hand side of the page.
3. Click the Integrate with Shopify button and enter your Shopify URL
4. You will be brought to a new page where you will have to click the install app button.
5. After you have installed the app you will be brought back to the integration page in your Knowledgelink platform. You will need to match your Shopify products to your media groups in KnowledgeLink. Make sure to hit the save button at the bottom of the page when you are done.
6. There will be a URL at the top of the Knowledgelink integrations Shopify page that you will need to add into your Shopify course purchase confirmation email. Login to your Shopify admin page. Click on settings, then notifications, then order confirmation. You will be brought to a page where you can edit the content in the confirmation email.
7. If you sell products that are separate from the Knowledgelink platform, you will need to use an if statement to make the registration link appear for specific products. You will have to incorporate this piece of code into your email.
If you don’t have additional products that are not sold on Knowledgelink, you will just need to add the link generated in step 5 to your confirmation email.
8. Please keep in mind that the line.title elements are the names of your products. This is case sensitive so the titles need to appear exactly as they do on the products page, including capital letters. You will need to add all of the Knowledgelink products to this if statement by repeating or line.title == “XXXX”
Here are some additional Shopify support articles that provide more information on if statements.
Rehearsal is a video-based practice and coaching platform. Rehearsal allows learners to dramatically improve their sales demos, product messaging, and soft skills by repeatedly responding to work-place scenarios. Then learners can be given feedback on their responses by peers, mentors, or by artificial intelligence.
If Rehearsal was included in your Knowledgelink subscription, you will receive your Rehearsal login credentials during the onboarding process. Your customer success specialist will make the connection between your Knowledgelink platform and your Rehearsal platform.
In order to integrate with Rehearsal you will need to first create your content in the Rehearsal platform. For an introduction to creating and deploying content, there is a 15-minute video that covers the most important information. To access that, take the following steps:
- Login to Rehearsal
- Click on the Help! button in the upper right-hand corner near the Logout button
- Click on Knowledge Center
- Click on Program Manager
- Click on Creating an Assignment – Start to Finish (Video & User Guide)
After you create your scenerios you will need to create and copy a deeplink that will be used to create your Rehearsal session in Knowledgelink.
Navigate to Rehearsal to complete the following steps
Deeplinking allows Rehearsal content to be accessed directly by Learners from anywhere within KnowledgeLink.There are two types of deeplinks; Direct Links and Auto-Assignment Links (sometimes labeled “Auto-Assign Link” within Rehearsal), both covered below.
Direct Links take Learners to a specific Rehearsal Scenario within an Assignment for which they’ve already been assigned as a Learner.
In order to use a Direct Link, Learners MUST be selected as a Learner during the creation of the Assignment.
After publishing an Assignment, generate a Direct Link for a specific Scenario within the Assignment Editor by clicking on the “Direct Link” icon, to the right of a Scenario’s image and description, and copying the Learner Link.
An Auto-Assignment Link (or “Auto-Assign Link” in the Assignment Editor) will take any user to an Assignment and enroll them as a Learner.
There are two types of auto-assignment links:
- The Assignment auto-assign URL will enroll a user as a Learner to the Assignment and take the user to the Assignments page where they can view all Assignments for which they’re enrolled, both active and ended.
- A named Scenario link will enroll a user as a Learner to the Assignment and take the user directly to the named Scenario (full site navigation is still available for the Learner).
Within the Assignment Editor, at the Participants section, click “Add Cohort.” You may rename the cohort by simply clicking on the Cohort name in the upper left corner.
Next, click on Assign Mentors to configure your Mentor relationship. Auto-Assignment Link requires either individually selected Mentors, User-Specific Mentors, Program Specific Mentors, or any combination of the three.
After configuring Mentors, click on the Auto-Assign Links text in the upper right corner of the Cohort.
A modal window will appear stating, "The '[Cohort Title]' cohort does not have an auto-assignment link." Click "Activate Links." This will cause the modal window to change. You will now be able to copy the Assignment Auto-Assign URL and all Scenario links.
Auto-assignment links can be deactivated by clicking "Deactivate Links" from the modal window.
Navigate back to your Rockstar Learning Platform to complete the next steps
Now that you have copied your deeplink, you will need to add this as a session to Knowledgelink by following the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to the content tab in the admin of your platform.
- On the right hand side of the page click the red "Add New" button and choose the "Rehearsal" option from the drop down list.
- Type in your title and then paste the deeplink into the "Rehearsal Link" field. Fill out the rest of the fields as necessary making sure to add your media group. Click the "Add New Session" button at the bottom of the page.
- Add your new session to your course by dragging in into a course folder on the left hand side of the page. Click the red "Publish" button at the top of the page to save your changes.
- Navigate to the user dashboard to view your new Rehearsal session
Reporting in the Rockstar Learning Platform will display Rehearsal sessions as complete or incomplete.