- Quick Guides
- Getting Started
- Navigating the Workplace
- Building a Title
- Importing Content
- Working With Text
- Working with Images
- Working With Objects
- Actions and Variables
- Tests, Surveys, and Questions
- Working with Web Windows or HTML Extensions
- Publishing a Title
- Creating Web-based, Accessible Content (Section 508/WCAG)
- Lectora Layouts
- Managing Titles
- Managing your Assignments
- Managing Your Notifications
- Admin Guide
- Lectora Player Skins
- Lectora Interactions and Scenarios
- Using Tracking for Progress, Status, etc
- Working with BranchTrack
- Trouble Shooting
- Working with Audio and Video
Can't find the answer? Ask our Customer Solutions team.
Creating Deep Links
The Deeplink feature allows you create links to your sessions for users that don’t have an account in your community. Sometimes you want users to be able to access certain sessions in your community without the overhead of creating logins or having them register. Deep links allow you to create a link that anyone can access anonymously.
We recommend setting up a default user that all these links will be created under. For instance, something like “Deeplink User, email@example.com”. All reporting will funnel through this user. So while you won’t know exactly who viewed your videos, you will know the number of users that viewed it and what videos they viewed.
To create a Deeplink follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the session you want to create a Deeplink for and copy the URL in the address bar.
- Go to the Admin Page of your community and go to Users tab.
- Find the Deeplink user in your list of users, or create one.
- Click the Deeplink button (this looks like a chain link) to the right of the user record and a pop up will appear.
- Paste the copied URL (from step 1) for the sessions you want to create a deep link for and click “Add”.
- This will generate a Deeplink that will allow anyone to view this session without logging in.
To view all Deeplinks in your platform, click on the yellow "View Deeplinks For All Users" button.
When a user clicks this Deeplink, it will strip out all the navigation of Knowledgelink and only leave the player page so the user can view the session. A Deeplink can only show one session at a time. To view a different session, another Deeplink will have to be created.