On the left hand side of the Content tab you will be able to organize, create, and edit your courses.
To create a new course click on the "Add New" button in the upper right hand corner. A new course folder will appear below. To create sub courses, click on the "NEW" button in the course folder. A new course will be created within the original course. Knowledgelink supports 3 levels of sub courses.
When a new course is created or and existing course is edited, the course will appear as yellow. This means that the course in not published and your changes are not saved. To save the course you must click on the red "Publish" button at the top of the page.
Click on the edit button to set up your course.
Thumbnail Image: You can upload a thumbnail image from your computer to display on the front end of your platform. The recommended file formats are PNG or JPEG. The recommended thumbnail dimensions are 864 pixels x 486 pixels.
Title: To publish your course you must include a title. This is the only required field when setting up your course. The title will appear to your users on the front end of your platform.
Description: You can choose to add a course description for your users to view on the front end of your platform.
Tags: To add a tag, type in the the tag you want to add to the course. When you are finished, press enter to confirm the tag. A box will appear around the new tag. Your users will be able to search by tags using the search bar on the Users Page. You can also view reporting data on completed sessions by tag (See Media Reports).
Enrollment Settings: Enrolling a user into a course will allow admins to send users reminder emails to log back in and complete the course. Enrolling users also gives admins more reporting data on their users (See Enrollment Reports).
- Allow users to enroll: Turn this setting on to make the course enrollable. Users can be auto enrolled, enroll themselves in a course, and can be enrolled by admins manually after they have already been added to the platform. (See Enrolling Users). If users enroll themselves, or are manually enrolled in a course, they will receive an enrollment email.
- Auto Enroll New Users: Toggling this feature on will auto-assign all new users to this course. New users include:
- Users manually added or invited via the Admin Users page.
- Users imported through the batch uploader via the Users Admin page
- Users that self-register using the self-registration page.
- Users added via integrations such as Zapier or Infusionsoft.
- Email Notifications: To send email reminders to complete this course to your users, turn this feature on. You can set the frequency of the emails. For example, 1 time per week.
Prerequisites: This setting forces the user to go through the course in sequential order. If a user clicks on a session out of order, it will block playback and send the user to the next allowed session in the course.
Publish Settings: You can choose when you want to publish your course using the 3 publish buttons
- Yes: Click the "Yes" button to publish your course immediately.
- No: Click the "No" button to keep your course drafted until you are ready to publish it.
- Later: Admins can set a future publish date for courses. This will allow you to release content on a specific date to your users. To set a future publish date for your course click on the "Later" button and choose your publish date from the calendar drop down.
You can expire a course at a later date using the expiration date settings. Click the "Yes" button under "Expire the Course". Click into the red text box to choose an expiration date from the calendar. Make sure to hit the red "Update Course" button when you are done. Then publish your changes. The course will be set to "draft" when it expires and will no longer be visible on the front end of the site.
Delete: To delete a course, click on the trash can icon. Reporting data will still appear for this course, but it will no longer be available to admins or users.
ADDING MEDIA TO COURSES
To add media to your course, click the "Open" button on your course and simply drag your uploaded session from the right hand side into the course on the left hand side.
You can drag and drop courses and session to arrange your course structure. Once you are done, click on the "Publish" button to save your course.