- Getting Started
- Modular Development (ModDev)
- Quick Guides
- Navigating the Workplace
- Building a Title
- Importing Content
- Working With Text
- Working with Images
- Working With Objects
- Actions and Variables
- Tests, Surveys, and Questions
- Working with Web Windows or HTML Extensions
- Publishing a Title
- Creating Web-based, Accessible Content (Section 508/WCAG)
- Lectora Layouts
- Managing Titles
- Managing your Assignments
- Managing Your Notifications
- Admin Guide
- Lectora Player Skins
- Lectora Interactions and Scenarios
- Using Tracking for Progress, Status, etc
- Working with BranchTrack
- Trouble Shooting
- Working with Audio and Video
- Working with Screen Recorder
The Training Arcade®
Rockstar Learning Platform
Can't find the answer? Ask our Customer Solutions team.
Choose a Course Framework
What is a Course Framework?
The whole ModDev workflow starts by choosing a Course Framework to jump-start your course architecture. Course Frameworks are unstyled Lectora projects that provide pre-built course logic.
Each framework was built based on a common use case our support team has come across in their years of interactions with customers. These use cases were then thoroughly developed by our team of expert instructional designers and developers.
No matter the Course Framework you choose, you’ll find all the essential elements you need to give your course development a jump-start , saving you hours of course development time.
What is a Course Framework Family?
The initial release of Course Frameworks features three framework families.
Linear Framework Family
The Basic Linear framework is the most straightforward of all the frameworks. If you’re new to ModDev—or Lectora in general—this is the perfect place to start.
The Basic Linear Framework outlines a simple course structure including:
- title page
- attention getter
- objectives page
- knowledge check
- summary page
- prebuilt 3 question test
Each additional framework in the Linear family builds on the basic linear by adding different testing logic or adding chapters to help you organize your course.
PreTest Framework Family
The PreTest Family includes three Frameworks that allow you to test your learners' knowledge before they start the course material.
Branching Framework Family
The final family is the Branching family which includes three frameworks that allow your learners to choose the order in which they will experience the learning.
How do I start my Project with a Course Framework?
- First, Select Create New Project from the Lectora Desktop Getting Started Screen or the Lectora Online Dashboard.
- Next, select the Course Framework tab.
- Find the Course Framework that best supports your learning objectives. Hover over each thumbnail for a brief Framework description.
- When you find the Framework you are looking for, click Create to open it as a new Project.
This article last reviewed May 2021. The software may have changed since the last review.